|How to Customize Vibrations on Your iPhone|
Your iPhone can be a wonderfully malleable device if you know how to use it.
Case in point: You can make personalized vibrations via iOS 7’s ringtone settings. As in: You can choose exactly how your phone vibrates, depending on who’s calling.
Cool, right? And it actually might be useful if you have your phone on vibrate often, but still want to know who’s calling without looking at your screen.
Here’s how to create your own:
1. Go to your Settings app, and select Sounds.
2. Select Ringtone.
3. Go to Vibration.
4. Scroll down to Create New Vibration.
5. A blank screen that says “Tap to create a vibration pattern" will pop up. This is your time to shine, tap like you’ve never tapped before.
You can play back your creation by selecting Play, in the bottom right hand corner. End the masterpiece by selecting Stop, in the bottom right.
6. When you’ve settled on something, click Save in the upper right hand corner of your phone. It’ll ask you to name your vibration. Name it after anything! Even an unoriginal Beach Boys reference!
7. On the previous screen, your vibration will show up below Create New Vibration. Feel free to assign it whichever contact you please.
That is all. You have officially mastered your iPhone’s every movement.